From: James Le Cuirot <chewi@g.o>
To: "Anthony G. Basile" <blueness@g.o>
Cc: "Michał Górny" <mgorny@g.o>, gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Inconsistent and messy layout of team maintainership in Gentoo
Date: Thu, 17 Sep 2015 11:05:41
1 On Thu, 17 Sep 2015 06:57:08 -0400
2 "Anthony G. Basile" <blueness@g.o> wrote:
3
4 > Totally rethink the idea of emails aliases as something that is
5 > created on the fly. We just need to know who should get emails for a
6 > package when it comes to bug reports. Why can't that be calculated
7 > on the fly from the metadata.xml?
8
9 I've not read every last part of this thread but I think I like where
10 this is going. I just want to be sure that people besides those in the
11 Java herd/project/whatever can continue to receive emails for
12 java@g.o. For instance, gnu_andrew is not a dev and does not
13 intend to be but he still likes to be CC'd on all Java mail. I would
14 not like to have to add his address to the metadata.xml of every Java
15 package.
18 James Le Cuirot (chewi)
19 Gentoo Linux Developer