From: Pacho Ramos <pacho@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] don't rely on dynamic deps
Date: Mon, 21 Jul 2014 21:06:21
1 El lun, 21-07-2014 a las 20:55 +0100, Ciaran McCreesh escribió:
2 > On Mon, 21 Jul 2014 21:53:04 +0200
3 > "Andreas K. Huettel" <dilfridge@g.o> wrote:
4 > > Revision must be bumped when the on-disk files installed by the
5 > > ebuild are changed.
6 > > Nothing about dependencies.
7 > >
8 > > This has been policy for a LONG time, and we're not going to change
9 > > it overnight just because you protest.
10 >
11 > Policy used to be that you'd do a revbump when you wanted users to
12 > reinstall stuff, and you wouldn't otherwise. The only complication is
13 > that sometimes you want users to reinstall stuff so that there's
14 > accurate dependency information available, rather than because
15 > something has changed.
18 Maybe this could be solved by having two kinds of revisions:
19 - One would rebuild all as usually (for example, -r1...)
20 - The other one would only regenerate VDB and wouldn't change the
21 installed files (for example, -r1.1)
22
23 But I am not sure if it could be viable from a "technical" point of
24 view :(