From: Luca Barbato <lu_zero@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] gtk1 vs. gtk2
Date: Mon, 07 Aug 2006 20:33:34
1 Enrico Weigelt wrote:
2 >
3 > The assumption is wrong, gtk1 and gtk2 are incompatible versions
4 > of one library. They are completely different libraries, where
5 > one originally had been forked off the other one. Now they look
6 > similar, but are in no ways equal.
7
8 you don't know gtk. stop trolling.
11 > Great, we need multiple dimensions (slots, upper version limit)
12 > to solve an artificial problem, which shouldn't exist at all.
13
14 there is no problem beside your emails, please unsubscribe, move to
15 debian-dev and be happy with apt-build.
18 > Yes, I'll file a bug on the whole gtk issue and all packages
19 > using this ugly hacks.
20
21 Good way to have your account suspendend.
27 Luca Barbato
28
29 Gentoo/linux Gentoo/PPC
30 http://dev.gentoo.org/~lu_zero