From: Spider <spider@g.o>
To: Chris Gianelloni <wolf31o2@g.o>
Cc: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] GNOME 2.4 marked stable on x86
Date: Tue, 07 Oct 2003 21:50:41
1 begin quote
2 On Tue, 07 Oct 2003 15:43:11 -0400
3 Chris Gianelloni <wolf31o2@g.o> wrote:
4
5 > Just curious, but why? There's no need for ide-scsi in most cases.
6 > There are probably quite a few people whom are using ide-scsi when the
7 > ATAPI interface works perfectly fine. Is ide-scsi a requirement of
8 > this
9 > ebuild or is it simply "a working burning setup"? I'm just curious
10 > before I go testing, since my machines either have a) SCSI burners, or
11 > b) use ATAPI perfectly.
15 Actually because cd-burner frontends do not understand the ATAPI
16 interface yet. of course, patching theese to be the perfect companion
17 and work all over the place is just the "correct idea" to solve every
18 magic problem. I don't have time, effort, or the incentive to take the
19 support for each and every cdrw frontend there is in portage. You are of
20 course welcome to do so though. :-)
21
22 So, basically its the "this works decently" and something that lets
23 cdburner frontends work. ofc, if cdrecord -scanbus would actually work
24 on detecting ATAPI interface things would probably be better.
27 about scsi cdrw, I cannot speak. can you check that the build works,
28 doesn't fuck it over, and works, and suggest changes if this isn't the
29 case?
38 begin .signature
39 This is a .signature virus! Please copy me into your .signature!
41 end