From: Chris Gianelloni <wolf31o2@g.o>
To: Spider <spider@g.o>
Cc: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] GNOME 2.4 marked stable on x86
Date: Tue, 07 Oct 2003 19:37:45
1 On Tue, 2003-10-07 at 13:33, Spider wrote:
2 > begin quote
3 > On Tue, 07 Oct 2003 07:10:13 -0400
4 > Chris Gianelloni <wolf31o2@g.o> wrote:
5 >
6 > > >
7 > > > Transparency is improved by installing the "cdrw-base" package,
8 > > > which
9 > > > will add devfs.d and modules.d entries to make cdburning "just
10 > > > work".
11 > > >
12 > > > This was a small evenings work + testing made by me and Azarah, and
13 > > > current proposal is to make cdrdao and cdrecord depend on this
14 > > > package.
15 > > >
16 > > > Could I get some testers / comments on it, please?
17 > >
18 > > Does the user still need to be in the cdrw group?
21 > Yes. And they still need ide-scsi compiled as a module (or into the
22 > kernel)
23
24 Just curious, but why? There's no need for ide-scsi in most cases.
25 There are probably quite a few people whom are using ide-scsi when the
26 ATAPI interface works perfectly fine. Is ide-scsi a requirement of this
27 ebuild or is it simply "a working burning setup"? I'm just curious
28 before I go testing, since my machines either have a) SCSI burners, or
29 b) use ATAPI perfectly.
32 Chris Gianelloni
33 Developer, Gentoo Linux
34 Games Team