From: Philip Webb <purslow@××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] USE flags dri, cups, pppd
Date: Sat, 19 Jan 2013 20:53:32
1 On Sat, Jan 19, 2013 at 3:18 AM, Ben de Groot <yngwin@g.o> wrote:
2 > I'm not sure whether we need to keep cups at all.
3 > I haven't printed anything from my personal PC or laptop in years.
4
5 As a user, I'ld say this wb a very unpopular move with some of us.
6 I rarely use my 2nd-hand 1995 printer, but sometimes it is essential :
7 eg I now need to print letters to 2 friends abroad who don't have e-mail
8 & occasionally I need to print forms downloaded from the Internet
9 for tax purposes or to get mail-in refunds on things I bought.
10 I don't have access to an office printer
11 & when last asked, my neighbour reported his printer "broken".
12
13 Please continue to support Cups.
17 SUPPORT ___________//___, Philip Webb
18 ELECTRIC /] [] [] [] [] []| Cities Centre, University of Toronto
19 TRANSIT `-O----------O---' purslowatchassdotutorontodotca