From: Caleb Cushing <xenoterracide@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Re: Missing: Universal-CD - Gentoo discriminates shell and networkless users
Date: Sat, 14 Oct 2006 12:49:37
1 don't forget the gentoo-catalyst@l.g.o if you want I can
2 put together some spec files that would build a universal cd for you.
3
4 I can understand chris's position. but it would be nice if he would
5 consider the development of a script for the "livecd" that could
6 extract the stage4 on it and include documentation in the handbook on
7 how to do it. because as is the installers don't allow for enough
8 flexibility. I personally would like to know who decided to put bottom
9 and I think top partition size limits in the installer. the limits
10 should have been dictated by the filesystem limits themselves. my
11 system my choice. another option might be a "skip section" of the
12 installer." that way we can on do the stage4 part, and forget the rest
13 if we want. would any of this be such a hard and impossible thing for
14 releng to do and support?
15 --
16 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list