From: "Andreas K. Huettel" <dilfridge@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] RFC: new "qt" category
Date: Thu, 17 Jan 2013 22:47:19
1 Am Donnerstag, 17. Januar 2013, 14:57:16 schrieb Ben de Groot:
2 >
3 > After some initial bikeshedding we came to the conclusion that naming
4 > the category simply "qt" is the most elegant solution. We will then
5 > also be dropping the qt- prefix in package names. This means
6 > x11-libs/qt-core will be moved to qt/core, and so on.
9 Please don't.
10
11 This is not about standards, but about consistency. About everyone else uses
12 the two-part category-names witha-dash. Why can't you? It is what I would
13 immediately expect, instead of a "hyper-toplevel" "qt".
14
15 My suggestion would be qt-base (analogous to kde-base, gnome-base, gnustep-
16 base, lxde-base, and xfce-base) for everything that is part of the main Qt
17 release.
21 Andreas K. Huettel
22 Gentoo Linux developer
23 dilfridge@g.o