From: Ciaran McCreesh <ciaranm@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] GLEP 29 (USE Flag Grouping) with -@GROUP goodness
Date: Thu, 28 Oct 2004 21:53:39
1 On Thu, 28 Oct 2004 23:32:03 +0200 Maurice van der Pot
2 <griffon26@g.o> wrote:
3 | > | So what would you do with @KDE -@GNOME?
4 | >
5 | > The obvious solution is to not stick -kde -qt in the GNOME group.
6 | > Using GNOME doesn't imply that you're not going to use KDE.
7 |
8 | Of course. That's not what I meant. I was talking about the X that
9 | could be in KDE and in GNOME.
10
11 Oh. Uhm, yeah, that one... Welllllll... Currently if you do USE="X blah
12 -X", you get -X. So it's still gonna be the same here.
13
14 This is the main problem with -@BLAH... Too frickin' nasty, and only
15 supported because Kurt thinks we shouldn't protect our users from doing
16 silly things. I'm inclined to agree... Personally I'm in favour of
17 sticking in a big fat "DO NOT USE -@BLAH UNLESS YOU REALLY UNDERSTAND
18 IT" in the docs and leaving it at that...
19
20 | I guess then that dependencies (like X, what I indicated with a
21 | prefix) should not be part of the groups we define.
22
23 Oooh heck no. That kinda defeats the point, really...
26 Ciaran McCreesh : Gentoo Developer (Vim, Fluxbox, Sparc, Mips)
27 Mail : ciaranm at gentoo.org
28 Web : http://dev.gentoo.org/~ciaranm