From: Rich Freeman <rich0@g.o>
To: Andrew Savchenko <bircoph@g.o>
Cc: gentoo-dev <gentoo-dev@l.g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Anti-spam changes: proposal to drop spammy mail
Date: Sat, 23 May 2015 13:08:06
1 On Sat, May 23, 2015 at 8:32 AM, Andrew Savchenko <bircoph@g.o> wrote:
2 >
3 > Sylpheed supports filters which allow you to have e-mails in
4 > multiple directories based on arbitrary user-defined filtering.
5 > It supports IMAP also, though I never use it as I prefer POP3 and
6 > SMTP.
9 Well, besides not being browser-based as far as I can tell, without
10 integration with the IMAP server those emails in multiple directories
11 won't show up in multiple directories when accessed from any other
12 client. What I like about Gmail is that I can operate from the
13 browser, but still have access to my mail via IMAP if I need it, and
14 of course it has a really nice Android offline client (and an offline
15 html5 client as well). These days IMAP clients on Android are
16 probably a lot better, so the android client isn't as important as it
17 used to be most likely, but I'd still like contacts to be in-sync
18 across all browser and android clients (which isn't something IMAP
19 alone can deliver).
22 Rich