From: Christian Skarby <christian@××××××.no>
To: rreich@×××××××.com
Cc: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Configure options from an ebuild
Date: Tue, 19 Nov 2002 13:52:30
1 Under /var/db/pkg you'll find a directory-structure quite equal to what we
2 have in /usr/portage, find you package (app-office/gnucash) in that
3 directory and inside you'll find a file named USE. I believe that that
4 file will reflect the active USE-flags last time portage installed the
5 actual package on your system.
6
7 (1) /var/db/pkg/app-office/gnucash/USE
8
9 Christian
10
11 > Is there a way to retrieve the configure options from an ebuild that has
12 > been previously installed?
13 >
14 > The reason I'm looking for this, is that I put postgres in my USE var,
15 > and then compiled gnucash. I was expecting to be able to use the
16 > postgres db as the backend for gnucash. But when I followed the
17 > instructs in the README I got an error from gnucash stating that it was
18 > not compiled with sql support.
19 >
20 > I tried looking through the config.log file, but it wasn't too
21 > helpfull. It basicly just stated that it could not find the libpq-fe.h
22 > header file in 2 differnt directories, but never had a final failure
23 > message stating that it could not find the file or a message stating
24 > that it did find it.
25 >
26 > -Richard Reich
29 > --