From: David Herbert <dsherbert@××××.com>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] Ethical Policy
Date: Sun, 03 Feb 2002 07:59:55
1 Call me paranoid but before putting effort into gentoo I would like to know more about who gentoo is. You're a .org but are you actually a charity? What is your relationship to gentoo.com? What is your relationship with IBM? I suppose I'm looking for a statement akin to debian's social contract, because at present any ethics (which to me is the whole point of linux) are only implied.
2
3 Also it would be nice to have a global option (in /etc/make.conf ?) for allowing only GPL'ed software, GPL + other "open source" licences, or any licence - so the end user can decide.
4
5 Regards,
6 David Herbert.