From: Leo Lipelis <aeoo@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Ethical Policy
Date: Sun, 03 Feb 2002 18:58:54
1 On Sun, Feb 03, 2002 at 01:59:07PM -0000, David Herbert wrote:
2
3 > Call me paranoid but before putting effort into gentoo I would like to
4 > know more about who gentoo is. You're a .org but are you actually a
5 > charity? What is your relationship to gentoo.com? What is your
6 > relationship with IBM? I suppose I'm looking for a statement akin to
7 > debian's social contract, because at present any ethics (which to me
8 > is the whole point of linux) are only implied.
9
10 > Also it would be nice to have a global option (in /etc/make.conf ?)
11 > for allowing only GPL'ed software, GPL + other "open source" licences,
12 > or any licence - so the end user can decide.
13
14 > Regards,
15 > David Herbert.
16
17 You know, at first I thought you had a valid concern and I admired your
18 ethical stance. But after seeing this:
19
20 ---
21 From: "David Herbert" <dsherbert@××××.com>
22 To: <gentoo-dev@g.o>
23 X-Mailer: Microsoft Outlook Express 5.50.4522.1200
24 Subject: [gentoo-dev] Ethical Policy
25 Date: Sun, 3 Feb 2002 13:59:07 -0000
26 ---
27
28 I just think you're a phoney. Sorry. I mean, at least you could boot
29 into GNU/Linux for 1 minute to send this silly email? Is that so
30 difficult?
31
32 --Leo Lipelis