From: Rich Freeman <rich0@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev <gentoo-dev@l.g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Announce e-mail sending nonsense (Was: Last rites: x11-libs/gtk+:1)
Date: Sat, 07 Jan 2017 19:18:28
1 On Sat, Jan 7, 2017 at 2:05 PM, Mart Raudsepp <leio@g.o> wrote:
2 >
3 > If gentoo-dev feel the need to set Reply-To in my place, then gentoo-
4 > dev-announce should do the same and not throw my mail into /dev/null,
5 > but into some regular moderation rules after setting the Reply-To
6 > itself then.
9 Not all replies to gentoo-dev-announce should go to gentoo-dev. Some
10 belong on gentoo-project, or maybe even gentoo-nfp or some other less
11 common list. Hence the need to set a reply-to.
12
13 Perhaps it should just be called gentoo-announce, though it is mostly
14 aimed at developers. In the past people used to send stuff like this
15 to -core, but that led to a lot of over-use of -core which is private
16 to devs only. Now -core is only used very rarely and for the sorts of
17 things it was intended for (exchanging phone numbers at conferences,
18 etc), so in that it was a pretty big success and it makes us more
19 open.
22 Rich