From: Alexander Gabert <pappy@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Re: [RFC]: gentoo-politics ML
Date: Mon, 11 Jun 2007 17:06:21
1 Kent Fredric schrieb:
2
3 ...
4
5 So you are saying that the person is not the problem but the problem is
6 the problem.
7
8 The person has personally attacked me after i simply concluded that he
9 should maybe change his attitude to make a better impression on
10 gentoo-dev and Gentoo developers. This guy is trolling for years and he
11 enjoys and knows it all too well. The gentoo-dev mailing list can be
12 transformed to a technical mailing list again with setting up a
13 gentoo-whatever mailing list where people like him can be the king with
14 the crown and "be right" about their stuff.
15
16 This is what this thread is all about. Giving someone a place where he
17 can do what he can do best: being complicated.
18 Not the issues or problems are complicated. The people are. Why not
19 discuss this?
20
21 However, i will let him be right forever and ever there as long as he
22 leaves me and my Inbox alone.
23
24 I didn't address him personally when i said that people actually do NOT
25 read "criticism" on the -dev list, which in his case always boils down
26 to some kind of demanding but in fact simply error-prone and
27 miscommunicating flame war accelerant and that it was a good idea to
28 offload that stuff to a separate list. What a stupid prick. All he had
29 to do is aggravate. And he still does.
30
31 He can be "right" there on his little castle mailing list all the way he
32 wants where he wants how he wants but i don't want to be included in
33 this or informed about him being right or being whatever he likes. I
34 simply refuse to take part in his trolling for the rest of his presence
35 on this list. I cannot unsubscribe because Gentoo devs are supposed to
36 communicate with people in here. So either offload him or he will be
37 the constant provider of unrest and stress (as now for me).
38
39 As far as i understand it, the gentoo-dev mailing list is not a place
40 for people starting flamewars or discussing things they are "right"
41 about. It is a technical discussion list. I don't understand why this
42 priority is not enforced. This is also the reason i am allowed to write
43 this email here. I am allowed to reply to congestive and unproductive
44 bullshit on the gentoo-dev list. Because even when the -dev policy is
45 enforced some devs start claiming we are suppressing freedom of voice
46 and information- and the negative and useless trolling continues for no
47 reason and positive effect.
48
49 I think that discussing problems & issues without discussing the damage
50 done by the negative influence of certain people is always possible as
51 long as the person is not the problem or offers cooperation and
52 competent social skills. But in this case my problem is this specific
53 person, and it cannot be solved by turning it into an "issue" how to
54 deal with persons in general. Nobody behaves like that and gets no
55 sanctioning or punishment. In fact his behaviour is an all-time
56 precedence case for somebody coming into a community, threatening and
57 treating people very bad and getting protected by common netiquette,
58 only the other way around. He already became this case when he left
59 Gentoo and since then started riding one dead horse after another.
60
61 He personally attacked others for a long time. He got attacked and he
62 started campaigns like a hero fighting ancient dragons. Well, actually
63 he's more like Don Quichote. He is always right but he is only one and
64 the people who are always "wrong" is unfortunately always the majority.
65 He enjoys standing in the spotlight. He lives from the fame he gets for
66 making people upset, self-conscious and worried about the outcome of
67 some of the more heated discussions. Working at Gentoo is fun as long
68 as this person keeps out of the way of developers trying to volunteer
69 for a great project. It's just a blessing to have a week without a
70 flamewar started by him. Perhaps we should sponsor him a vacation on an
71 island without access to public IP networks.
72
73 There are others like him and there will be others after him. There
74 were even people doing that before him.
75 Even this email is troll feeding because he will have witty conclusive
76 dogmatism and ironic remarks he can spit back at me now. Feeding,
77 feeding, feeding.
80 Alex
81
82 PS: I take the pet project personal