From: Thomas Cort <tcort@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] RFC: AT emerge info cruft > attachments on bugs.g.o
Date: Thu, 10 Aug 2006 22:33:35
1 On Thu, 10 Aug 2006 23:58:46 +0200
2 "Kevin F. Quinn" <kevquinn@g.o> wrote:
3
4 > It's not about trust, it's about knowing what the CFLAGS/FEATURES
5 > were. That way if someone else reports a failure, you can compare the
6 > reports and see what differences might be triggering the fault.
7
8 I get that posting `emerge --info` provides a "known good" set of
9 CFLAGS/USE-flags/FEATURES/toolchain versions/etc which can be useful at
10 times. However, we don't require that developers post their emerge
11 --info when a package works, so why do we require that ATs do it?
12
13 -Thomas