From: Aisha Tammy <gentoo.dev@×××××.cc>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Revival of Gentoo BugDay: everyone is welcome to come debug
Date: Fri, 12 Jun 2020 11:44:41
1 On 6/12/20 6:55 AM, Jaco Kroon wrote:
2 > Hi,
3 >
4 > Can we possibly include the concept of "helping to file bug reports" here?
5 >
6 > For example, I've got an issue (which hasn't annoyed me just quite
7 > enough yet to put effort in) where on bootup after xdm init script
8 > starts it takes ~2 minutes before slim login is displayed.  But I don't
9 > know enough of the workings of that to even understand if this is an
10 > Xorg or slim (or dbus) bug ...
11 >
12 BugDay is not for creating bugs, its for squashing them.
13
14 You can create the bugs today and then if it is in one of the top voted
15 categories (old bugs, in this case) you might be able to convince interested
16 devs to target your specific ones.
17
18 Aisha
19
20 > Guessing #gentoo may also be of help in regards to the above, so this is
21 > really just a suggestion.  Yes, it will generate more bugs, but
22 > hopefully the concept will allow for creating targeted bugs rather than
23 > overly generic difficult to trouble-shoot bugs.
24 >
25 > Kind Regards,
26 > Jaco
27 >