From: Jon Hood <squinky86@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Arches marking ebuilds stable before maintainer
Date: Sun, 20 Jun 2004 18:06:14
1 On Sun, 2004-06-20 at 09:36, foser wrote:
2 > > > You skip things around. It is not the 'maintainers arch' that is QA-ing
3 > > > for an arch it does not maintain, it's the 'arch maintainer' thats skips
4 > > > part of QA done by the 'package maintainer'.
5 > >
6 > > Examples?
7
8 net-p2p/mldonkey- I refuse to mark >2.5.16 stable because of numerous
9 bug reports and stability problems with the newer versions (though the
10 latest version in portage does seem a bit more stable). Completely
11 ignoring this, those versions are on the "stable on hppa". It's not a
12 majorly critical package, but it is an example of the QA done by the
13 maintainer, and the arch maintainer going beyond it. I don't mind much,
14 because I have yet to get a bug report from an hppa user, but I would
15 have prefered to keep it all testing until for at least another month.
16
17 -Jon
20 AIM: Squinky01
21 Yahoo!: Squinky86