From: Stefan Schweizer <genstef@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] Re: webdav global use flag and default
Date: Fri, 28 Jul 2006 13:43:10
1 Paul de Vrieze wrote:
2 > I'd like to explain why subversion has a nowebdav useflag. Basically one
3 > of the features of subversion is its ability to work over the http
4 > protocol. Many subversion installations use the apache module to serve
5 > subversion (even our own overlay project does). To disable webdav support
6 > would cripple the subversion client. It is something one should only do
7 > when aware of the consequences.
8
9 right you are. Putting the default useflag into base/make.defaults has the
10 same effect as a nowebdav useflag without being a no* useflag and confusing
11 with other useflags that do not have the no* bit.
12
13 If there are no objections and you agree with the solution I will make
14 webdav global and default after a week from now and you can remove the old
15 nowebdav useflag.
16
17 If there are any problems with putting it in base/ for example neon does not
18 work on hardened, embedded or anything else I would like to know about it.
19
20 Best regards,
21 Stefan
24 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list