From: "Jorge Manuel B. S. Vicetto" <jmbsvicetto@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Re: bzr.eclass into Portage
Date: Fri, 21 Mar 2008 03:48:01
1 Christian Faulhammer wrote:
2 > "Jorge Manuel B. S. Vicetto" <jmbsvicetto@g.o>:
3 >
4 >> Petteri Räty wrote:
5 >>> Christian Faulhammer kirjoitti:
6 >>>> in the Emacs overlay we imported the bzr.eclass from the xeffects
7 >>>> overlay. In the near future Emacs development will switch from
8 >>>> CVS to Bazaar and thus we need the new eclass in Portage to still
9 >>>> provide our live ebuilds from app-editors/emacs-cvs. Question is
10 >>>> now, who wrote it?
11 >>> Look at the SCM history in xeffects?
12 >> Better yet, look at the desktop-effects overlay[1] and check the
13 >> history of the eclass[2].
14 >
15 > I could not find the xeffects overlay...ok, Jorge you seem to be the
16 > author. So is it ready to import to Portage?
17 >
18 > V-Li
21 Christian,
22
23 you can check the current version used in desktop-effects at
24 http://git.overlays.gentoo.org/gitweb/?p=proj/desktop-effects.git;a=blob_plain;f=eclass/bzr.eclass;hb=master
25 With the help of Ingmar we did some cleanup and added support for
26 eclass-manpages at
27 http://git.overlays.gentoo.org/gitweb/?p=proj/desktop-effects.git;a=blob_plain;f=eclass/bzr.eclass;hb=bzr.
28 I'll be moving the updated eclass to the master branch, testing and
29 asking users to try it out during this weekend.
30 This eclass is used in the overlay for the live avant-window-navigator
31 ebuilds, so it's probably not as used/tested as the remaining packages.
32 It has provided us the support we needed for awn, but you might need
33 additional features or to review existing ones.
34 Please test the updated eclass on your overlay, feel free to maintain it
35 and, when you think its ready, add it to the tree. When you do so, I'll
36 remove it from our overlay and we'll use the eclass on the tree.
37
38 PS - You can get the last snapshot from the xeffects tree from my
39 overlay -
40 http://git.overlays.gentoo.org/gitweb/?p=dev/jmbsvicetto.git;a=summary
43 Regards,
44
45 Jorge Vicetto (jmbsvicetto) - jmbsvicetto at gentoo dot org
46 Gentoo- forums / Userrel / SPARC / KDE
47 --
48 gentoo-dev@l.g.o mailing list