From: Michael Mol <mikemol@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Re: Gentoo and Root CAs
Date: Wed, 02 Jan 2013 02:50:07
1 On Tue, Jan 1, 2013 at 9:37 PM, Benjamin Peterson <benjamin@××××××.org> wrote:
2 > Michael Mol <mikemol <at> gmail.com> writes:
3 >> On Tue, Jan 1, 2013 at 5:51 AM, Dirkjan Ochtman <djc <at> gentoo.org> wrote:
4 >> > Speaking of which, say what you will about Mozilla's broken criteria
5 >> > for root inclusion, but Mozilla has no commercial interests,
6 >>
7 >> Wait, what? How does taking income during a process not constitute a
8 >> commercial interest?
9 >
10 > There seems to be some confusion about Mozilla's cert inclusion process. Mozilla
11 > does not make any money by including CA certificates. Per its own policy [1],
12 > "We will not charge any fees to have a CA's certificate(s) distributed with our
13 > software products."
14 >
15 > [1] https://www.mozilla.org/projects/security/certs/policy/InclusionPolicy.html
16
17 Fair enough. I took Rich's email as an indication they did.
22 :wq