From: Benjamin Peterson <benjamin@××××××.org>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] Re: Gentoo and Root CAs
Date: Wed, 02 Jan 2013 02:45:49
1 Michael Mol <mikemol <at> gmail.com> writes:
2 > On Tue, Jan 1, 2013 at 5:51 AM, Dirkjan Ochtman <djc <at> gentoo.org> wrote:
3 > > Speaking of which, say what you will about Mozilla's broken criteria
4 > > for root inclusion, but Mozilla has no commercial interests,
5 >
6 > Wait, what? How does taking income during a process not constitute a
7 > commercial interest?
8
9 There seems to be some confusion about Mozilla's cert inclusion process. Mozilla
10 does not make any money by including CA certificates. Per its own policy [1],
11 "We will not charge any fees to have a CA's certificate(s) distributed with our
12 software products."
13
14 [1] https://www.mozilla.org/projects/security/certs/policy/InclusionPolicy.html