From: Mike Gilbert <floppym@g.o>
To: Gentoo Dev <gentoo-dev@l.g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Gentoo Hangouts
Date: Sun, 23 Jun 2013 22:15:49
1 On Sun, Jun 23, 2013 at 5:30 PM, Pavlos Ratis <dastergon@g.o> wrote:
2 > Except from a camera and a microphone requirement is a Google account and
3 > www-client/google-talkplugin package which is already in the tree.
6 Or a modern smartphone with the relevant app. Personally, I have
7 neither a camera nor mic attached to my personal workstation at home,
8 and I'm certainly not going to do a video conference from my desk at
9 work.
10
11 > It would be great to have teams introduce themselves and inform users in a
12 > more interactive way how to contribute and answer their questions. Finally as
13 > I said different other topics could be covered in this calls.
16 If someone wants to organize something, I might try it out just for a
17 laugh. I don't really see it being too useful for getting actual work
18 done, however.
19
20 For me, IRC works if I need to have an interactive discussion;
21 otherwise, email is sufficient.