From: Matteo Azzali <matte.az@××××××.it>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Shouldn't gcc-4.1-related bugs have some kind of priority as gcc-4.1 is now unmasked?
Date: Thu, 08 Jun 2006 14:07:27
1 Ehrm, I'm already becomed developer (some days) *,
2 I'm already the author of lots of patches/comment in those reports,
3 and as you pointed out I must follow rules and can't "jump" maintainers
4 (who surely have better understanding of the issue involved than me).
5
6 That's the cause of the question,my (little?) brain asked me
7 "Why there are so much version of a package in portage, and why
8 following bugs for
9 version that aren't the latest stable and the latest unstable (for any
10 arch) instead of
11 ensuring that those 2/3 versions work fine?" , I mean, because in some
12 cases a revision
13 bump is necessary to let unstable work fine, (and these will be
14 necessary however when
15 gcc-4.x will become stable) why delaying trying to fix bugs specific of
16 older versions,
17 probably resolved upstream with new ones?
18
19 (I know, my brain is nasty and doesn't works as others may expect).
22 Other than this, 23MB of overlay? But you "clean" it or you keep stored
23 every line
24 of code you wrote?
25 If you regularly clean your overlay (keeping no more than 2-3 ebuilds
26 for package),
27 then it's really huge and impressive!
28
29 mattepiu@g.o
30
31 * (I'm not sending mails through gentoo.org account cause
32 http://www.gentoo.org/proj/en/infrastructure/dev-email.xml
33 asks me to not use it to send mails "unless absolutely necessary." , and
34 I have others mean of sending emails....)