From: Chris Bainbridge <chris.bainbridge@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Shouldn't gcc-4.1-related bugs have some kind of priority as gcc-4.1 is now unmasked?
Date: Thu, 08 Jun 2006 12:52:52
1 On 08/06/06, Matteo Azzali <matte.az@××××××.it> wrote:
2 > Hum, maybe my little english is not good to explain my thoughts.....
3 >
4 > I already have a /usr/local/portage overlay bigger than 500Kb.
5
6 I can beat that, try 23MB :-/
7
8 Anyway, back to your point - yes, there are lots of bugs with patches
9 attached that aren't being added to the main tree. And there are lots
10 of bugs where the ebuild or fix is ending up in an overlay rather than
11 the main tree. It's getting complicated to keep track - all I can
12 really advise is that if you'd like to see fixes and ebuilds being
13 added to the main tree, then become a developer and start doing it
14 (although it is complex for something like gcc compile fixes which are
15 spread across packages owned by multiple developers who will get upset
16 if you touch their package).
17 --
18 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list