From: Ned Ludd <solar@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Security/QA Spring Cleaning
Date: Tue, 23 May 2006 20:24:50
1 And now per arch breakdowns.
2 http://gentooexperimental.org/~ferringb/reports/arch-vulnerabilities/
5 On Sun, 2006-05-21 at 23:02 -0400, Ned Ludd wrote:
6 > ferringb took the time to write a parser and setup a cronjob
7 > (every 4 hours at the half hour) to parse over our GLSA's and see what
8 > pkgs remain in the tree and have nothing but newer versions stable. I
9 > did a bit of re parsing on his logfile to obtain herds & maintainers.
10 > The list is big (very big) and like if I filed the bug in it's current
11 > state pretty much every single one of us would probably get dozens of
12 > mails per comment. So.. To in order to try and be nice to our mail
13 > system and bugzilla it would be really helpful if you all could grep
14 > the affected: field and flush old vulnerable ebuilds from the tree for
15 > any pkgs you or your herd maintain before the tracker bug is filed.
16 >
17 > http://gentooexperimental.org/~ferringb/reports/tree-vulnerabilities.log
18 >
19 > In the future if you are bumping pkgs for a security bug and you are
20 > the last arch to push to stable. Clean up old foo up please.
21 > It keeps everything running smoother and faster to have less
22 > dead cruft in the tree.
23 >
24 > You can use earch for this task.
25 >
26 > wget -O /usr/local/bin/earch -q \
27 > http://dev.gentoo.org/~robbat2/earch-0.9.1 \
28 > && chmod +x /usr/local/bin/earch
29 > It helps to make it a habit to run this before repoman --pretend scan
30 > prior to committing to the tree.
31 >
32 > thanks in advance.
33 >