From: FRLinux <frlinux@g.o>
To: Grant Goodyear <g2boojum@g.o>
Cc: gentoo-dev ML <gentoo-dev@g.o>, gentoo-core@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Gentoo website issues
Date: Sun, 10 Aug 2003 17:22:50
1 Hello,
2
3 On Sun, 2003-08-10 at 17:21, Grant Goodyear wrote:
4 > listing some problems that I see with the site, and I would greatly
5 > appreciate it if people would add to this list.
6
7 See below.
8
9 > 2. The last time I looked, our xsl code was really ugly. Moreover,
10 > there's a great deal of content that is buried in the xsl. (For
11 > example, adding a new link to the left-hand navigation column requires
12 > editing the xsl file).
13
14 Doing kind of an include for the links would be nice and easy to
15 maintain, as in an .xml file parsed when creating the page, i think it
16 is reasonable. Maybe it would be nice as well to have those
17 <international>.gentoo.org links as well from the frontpage (see bug
18 23199) so we can eventually implement what i've been fighting for over
19 the last year and a half. Now that Gentoo 1.4 has been released, we can
20 concentrate on the look and feel.
21
22 > 3. Numerous people have complained that the html+css we generate is
23 > remarkably ugly. I don't know if we can fix this problem without losing
24 > support for older browsers (NS 4.x being the principle offender).
25
26 That's a matter of reformatting the css with a couple more styles then
27 checking what browser people come up with, shouldn't be complicated to
28 deal with.
29
30 Steph
31 --
32 Mail sent on Gentoo 1.4rc3 k2.6-test3 AMD 2600+
33 http://frlinux.net - frlinux@×××××××.net
34 http://gentoofr.org - Portail Francais sur Gentoo Linux
40 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list