From: "Nguyễn Thái Ngọc Duy" <pclouds@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] [RFC] New metastructure proposal
Date: Wed, 11 Apr 2007 13:06:34
1 On 4/11/07, Chris Gianelloni <wolf31o2@g.o> wrote:
2 > On Tue, 2007-04-10 at 22:50 +0200, paul@×××××××××.org wrote:
3 > > it's just so easy to step on other
4 > > ppls feet these days ;)
5 >
6 > I tend to agree that this is a problem, but only insofar as we've become
7 > too territorial. Many times I see bugs filed with seemingly minor
8 > changes being asked for. A good example is bug #173884 which is a
9 > completely valid request. The change is simple, removing
10 > "insinto /etc/env.d ; doins $somefile" and replacing it with "doenvd
11 > $somefile" instead. Now, this is something that *anyone* with commit
12 > access should feel comfortable doing to *anyone's* packages without fear
13 > of being attacked for touching someone else's packages.
14
15 I wish we could have a list stating which package you have to contact
16 its maintainer first (and the reason why if possible), or add
17 <restricted> tag in metadata.xml to warn people. The rest of the tree
18 will be free land (unless you break the tree of course)
21 Duy
22 --
23 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list