From: Mike Frysinger <vapier@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Some council topics for March meeting
Date: Sat, 03 Mar 2007 08:13:53
1 On Saturday 03 March 2007, Ciaran McCreesh wrote:
2 > I'd like it spelt out please.
3
4 stop playing games
5
6 > So why not start by imposing deadlines upon more important projects
7 > like Portage USE deps, a Portage GLEP 42 implementation, a Portage GLEP
8 > 23 implementation, a stable Portage API, tree-wide GPG signing and
9 > things that users really care about? Is PMS really more important than
10 > any of these?
11
12 i'd rate all of these as less important than an EAPI=0 spec except for the GPG
13 signing ... robbat i believe is looking into that
14
15 > > the portage people have things marked for EAPI=1 which are sitting
16 > > indefinitely (some features which for sure i want to use myself), but
17 > > we cant really tag EAPI=0 final until we have a spec now can we ?
18 >
19 > Sure you can. It's easy to say "ebuilds that need to rely upon features
20 > x, y and z must use EAPI=1, and for everything else continue as has
21 > been done in the past until someone says otherwise".
22
23 perhaps that would work short term, but the council shouldnt generally be
24 focusing on the short term
25
26 reviewing deadlines doesnt mean it's due tomorrow, it means we have a good way
27 of guaging overall progress and to make sure things are getting done
28 -mike