From: Nathan Smith <ndansmith@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] New lists and their usage
Date: Fri, 20 Jul 2007 22:57:52
1 On 7/20/07, Chris Gianelloni <wolf31o2@g.o> wrote:
2
3 > gentoo-projects: This list is for... what exactly? I've not really
4 > figured that one out just yet. I know it is supposed to be pretty much
5 > anything that doesn't fit into gentoo-dev or another project-specific
6 > list. Am I correct here? Is this what everyone thinks this list is
7 > supposed to be used for?
8
9 >From what I can tell by reading the logs of the council meeting [1],
10 the purpose of -project is to keep "all the flamewars and bitching"
11 off the -dev list. However, it seems that moderating -dev should
12 accomplish that purpose, so I question the need for its existence. If
13 it is not required reading for developers, how is it substantively
14 different from -user?
15
16 [1] http://www.gentoo.org/proj/en/council/meeting-logs/20070614.txt
19 Nathan Smith