From: Ioannis Aslanidis <aslanidis@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] GLEP 38: Status of forum moderators in the Gentoo project
Date: Tue, 28 Jun 2005 10:37:31
1 On 6/28/05, Fernando J. Pereda <ferdy@g.o> wrote:
2 > On Tue, Jun 28, 2005 at 12:19:34PM +0200, Ioannis Aslanidis wrote:
3 > > > I still don't see *WHY* you should be different from us. If you want to
4 > > > manage your recruits then they can't be gentoo staff.
5 > >
6 > > One reason could be that we are _not_ going to be called developers but staff.
7 >
8 > Can anybody explain me the difference between them ?
9
10 Well, you better discuss that with your fellow developers. It was they
11 who didn't want us to become developers and gave us the title of staff
12 instead.
15 > > > Arch teams have developed a new 'figure', the arch tester. Not official
16 > > > gentoo staff but somehow involved with us; arch teams manage their own
17 > > > arch tester recruitment process. If that's the situation you want then
18 > > > they won't become gentoo staff.
19 > >
20 > > Didn't I say that was already agreed with devrel?
21 >
22 > Do I have to quit saying that I think that's wrong? No thanks. You are
23 > the only group that will make new devs apart from devrel.
24
25 You are obviously free to state your opinion. But this *maybe* is not
26 to be discussed with us.
27
28 > I still don't
29 > see why you should deserve a different treatment.
30
31 I don't either:
32
33 *> > > Still, you weren't gentoo staff. Helping out since then doesn't make you
34 *> > > any different from the recruitment point of view (IMHO).
37 > If you want to join us, PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE follow our rules. They are
38 > there to be followed if you didn't notice.
39
40 If you didn't notice, as Christian already state before, we ARE
41 official, we are NOT joining you. We are simply getting our DESERVED
42 recognition.
45 > > > Still, you weren't gentoo staff. Helping out since then doesn't make you
46 > > > any different from the recruitment point of view (IMHO).
47 > >
48 > > Then the problem is we should have been done in that moment, so this
49 > > is one more reason in favor of taking old mods to staff with no quiz
50 > > stright away.
51 >
52 > I hope you have stronger arguments...
53
54 IMHO that argument is more than enough.
57 Ioannis Aslanidis
58
59 <deathwing00[at]gentoo.org> 0xB9B11F4E
60 <deathwing00[at]forums.gentoo.org> 0xC2539DA3
61 <aioannis[at]tinet.org> 0xF202D067
62 <dwcommander[at]users.sourceforge.net>
63
64 Hellenic Gentoo GNU/Linux project manager (http://hellenicgentoo.sf.net)
65 FIRECOPS++ project manager (http://firecops.sf.net)
66 Digger Realoaded (http://digger-reloaded.sf.net)
67 Gentoo Forums Global Moderator (http://forums.gentoo.org)
68
69 Computer Engineering student at Universitat Rovira i Virgili
72 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list