From: Patrick Kursawe <phosphan@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Programming advice wanted?
Date: Mon, 22 Mar 2004 11:34:25
1 On Mon, Mar 22, 2004 at 11:17:52AM +0000, Tom Wesley wrote:
2 > I've been looking at Python, C and C++, and have settled on learning
3 > C/C++. Does anyone have any advice as to which I should take a look at?
4 > Eventually I'd like to start helping out with applications part of either
5 > KDE, Gnome and the like.
6 >
7 > Is there any suitable material that would help me choose between QT and
8 > GTK+?
9
10 I found comparing the documentation of both toolkits and having a look
11 at "hello world" programs really helpful.
12
13 Since C++ and C are different languages, you should maybe first get an idea
14 which of both you really want to use. Using toolkits from the language for
15 which they were designed is usually more fun than using some bindings for
16 other languages.
17
18 Bye, Patrick