From: Dennis Allison <allison@×××××××××××××××.edu>
To: Patrick Kursawe <phosphan@g.o>
Cc: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Programming advice wanted?
Date: Mon, 22 Mar 2004 14:33:59
1 First, it is important to understand that programming is independent of
2 any particular programming language. Languages are just the
3 representation or notation for programs. Some are large and complex
4 and likely to get in the way of understanding programming (C++);
5 others are spare and simple and conceptually clean (Python, Scheme).
6
7 I'd begin with Python and then move on to other languages. Starting with
8 C++ is a bit like deciding you want to take up mountain climbing and that
9 the first mountain you want to climb is Mount Everest.