From: Paul de Vrieze <pauldv@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] install CD bloat
Date: Wed, 20 Aug 2003 18:36:53
1 On Wednesday 20 August 2003 19:09, Douglas Russell wrote:
2 >
3 > I agree with this entirely. I just don't understand what you would need
4 > vi(m) to change a few variables for. nano does a really good job and is
5 > really easy to use for inexperienced users where as vi is a bit daunting.
8 Please, not again (or do it on the users list). vi is on the install cd
9 because of people not being "able" to work with nano. We managed to keep it
10 out of system which I believe is good. Now stop the discussion, vi has been
11 discussed too much on this list allready, and nothing should change to the
12 current situation concerning vim.
13
14 Paul
17 Paul de Vrieze