From: Ciaran McCreesh <ciaranm@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Cc: glep@g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] GLEP 42 (Critical News Reporting) round five
Date: Tue, 13 Dec 2005 03:23:32
1 Ok, new draft. Changes are as follows:
2
3 * mysql-4.1, not -5.
4
5 * Added einfo, ewarn to the list of methods currently used
6
7 * Added + and : to the allowed news item IDs, to match package name
8 policy (Kugelfang thought we might need, say, a libstdc++ news item at
9 some point)
10
11 * Changed /var/lib/portage to /var/lib/gentoo
12
13 * The news file is now named 'news-magic-chicken.*'. News clients are
14 to use a wildcard rather than hardcoding magic-chicken.
15
16 * Added emerge --ask thingie
17
18 * news.read is now mandatory for interactive clients, and ignored for
19 gateway clients
20
21 Read the whole thing before commenting please.
24 Ciaran McCreesh : Gentoo Developer (I can kill you with my brain)
25 Mail : ciaranm at gentoo.org
26 Web : http://dev.gentoo.org/~ciaranm

glep-0042.txt text/plain