From: Alec Warner <antarus@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] [GLEP] Bugzilla access for contributors
Date: Mon, 04 Sep 2006 00:40:05
1 Stefan Schweizer wrote:
2 > Hi,
3 >
4 > as requested by multiple devrel members I have written a GLEP to standardize
5 > bugzilla access for contributors. It has already been discussed on the
6 > devrel mailing list before but I am looking for a wider opinion now.
7 >
8 > This is also a submission for the new council when it meets.
9 >
10 > Best regards,
11 > Stefan
12
13 Errr. on -devrel you noted you would just make people take the ebuild
14 quiz and now devrel wants a GLEP again?
15
16 I'll state the same thing I stated on that list.
17
18 A. This already happens. I had bugs access for MONTHS before becoming
19 a dev; I got assigned to the portage buggroup and I could edit portage
20 bugs. Anyone already on the portage team could add me, so no nastiness
21 for recruiters (or anyone else).
22
23 B. Double bonus is that I don't even see why a GLEP is required? This
24 is a small subset of users using one resource (bugzilla) so perhaps
25 Infra and devrel and you can work out the requisite groups? Why is
26 there all this red tape?
27
28 Create a group; come up with a subset of bugs that they can access, add
29 user to group -> done. As long as they can't access my bugs; I really
30 shouldn't (and trust me I don't) care.
31
32 C. No real standard on any other fora. I don't need a GLEP to add
33 someone to my project overlay, or grant them voice or ops in my
34 project's IRC channel. I don't need a GLEP to get them subscribed to my
35 mailing list and I don't need a GLEP to add them to (most) project
36 aliases. Why does this require one?
37 --
38 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list