From: Vlastimil Babka <caster@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Re: debianutils: system worthy ?
Date: Mon, 28 Jan 2008 17:24:15
1 Duncan wrote:
2 > At minimum, I'd say make the usual BIG WARNING NOISES in the usual
3 > places, and probably still expect complaints. It may still be worth
4 > doing to cut down on system size... or not, depending on where the system
5 > size vs. inevitable complaints comes down. (FWIW, it's precisely this
6 > sort of early warning that's a big reason I read this group. One would
7 > think such early warnings would be even /more/ important to those running
8 > production systems on Gentoo, but...)
9
10 I'd relax, removing from system doesn't make the package automagically
11 uninstall for everybody who has it. And running emerge --depclean
12 without --pretend, especially on production systems, sounds stupid anyway :)
13
14 Caster