From: "Andreas K. Huettel" <dilfridge@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] [RFC] News item: GCC 6 defaults to USE="pie ssp"
Date: Tue, 09 May 2017 23:40:59
1 Am Mittwoch, 10. Mai 2017, 00:47:30 CEST schrieb Alexis Ballier:
2 > On Tue, 9 May 2017 23:18:20 +0200 Hanno Böck <hanno@g.o> wrote:
3 > > I really think it's about time that pie becomes the default in Gentoo.
4 >
5 > For a transition we can probably build everything with -fPIE but not
6 > link with -pie. If we want that to happen fast, gcc-6 might do that and
7 > gcc-7 add the -pie option.
8
9 What do we gain by that?
10
11 Wouldn't we need to rebuild all the static archives afterwards again anyway,
12 just to make sure they have been rebuilt?
15 Andreas K. Hüttel
16 dilfridge@g.o
17 Gentoo Linux developer (council, perl, libreoffice)