From: Donnie Berkholz <dberkholz@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Cc: "Hans de Graaff (graaff)" <graaff@g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Re: [gentoo-commits] gentoo-x86 commit in eclass: xemacs-elisp-common.eclass xemacs-elisp.eclass
Date: Sat, 15 Sep 2007 20:54:05
1 On 05:56 Sat 15 Sep , Mike Frysinger wrote:
2 > On Saturday 15 September 2007, Donnie Berkholz wrote:
3 > > Also, try using { } around a block of code instead of ( ), which creates
4 > > a subshell.
5 >
6 > erm, what ? () is a subshell, {} is a list of grouped commands ...
7
8 Right, that's what I said. What's the point of using a subshell here?
9 That comment about environment pollution didn't make sense to me.
10
11 Thanks,
12 Donnie
13 --