From: Greg KH <gregkh@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Cc: Richard Yao <ryao@g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Tightly-coupled core distro [was: Council meeting summary for 3 April 2012]
Date: Sun, 18 Nov 2012 08:27:12
1 On Sun, Nov 18, 2012 at 12:19:21AM -0800, Greg KH wrote:
2 > On Sun, Nov 18, 2012 at 03:10:08AM -0500, Richard Yao wrote:
3 > > You are the one claiming that this is our official fork. None of us are.
4 >
5 > It's on the Gentoo github site, and it has the Gentoo Foundation
6 > copyright all over all of the files in one of the branches, reviewed by
7 > you.
8 >
9 > I think I would be pretty foolish if I somehow thought it was _not_ an
10 > official fork :)
11
12 Oh, and the README file says it is a Gentoo project:
13 This is a Gentoo sponsored project and testing is currently
14 being done with openrc. However, we aim to be distro neutral
15 and welcome contribution from others using a variety of system
16 initializations. We also aim towards POSIX compliance.
17
18 So why would I think otherwise?
19
20 thanks,