From: Greg KH <gregkh@g.o>
To: Richard Yao <ryao@g.o>
Cc: "gentoo-dev@l.g.o" <gentoo-dev@l.g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Tightly-coupled core distro [was: Council meeting summary for 3 April 2012]
Date: Sun, 18 Nov 2012 08:19:08
1 On Sun, Nov 18, 2012 at 03:10:08AM -0500, Richard Yao wrote:
2 > You are the one claiming that this is our official fork. None of us are.
3
4 It's on the Gentoo github site, and it has the Gentoo Foundation
5 copyright all over all of the files in one of the branches, reviewed by
6 you.
7
8 I think I would be pretty foolish if I somehow thought it was _not_ an
9 official fork :)
10
11 > This will be an official Gentoo project when we make the announcement in
12 > the next few days. That makes it one project of many. GLEP 0039 clearly
13 > states how this works. If you are unhappy with GLEP 0039, then you
14 > should discuss that with the council.
15
16 I fail to see how 0039 has to do with this, please explain. I also
17 don't see the copyright issue here, nor do I see where the decision of
18 the council was made.
19
20 Again, that's my original question, "What is the decision of the council
21 regarding this issue"?
22
23 thanks,
24