From: Jeroen Roovers <jer@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] RFC GLEP 1005: Package Tags
Date: Mon, 24 Mar 2014 14:25:25
1 On Mon, 24 Mar 2014 12:36:19 +0100
2 Jan Matejka <yac@g.o> wrote:
3
4 > Categories are essentially tags, only less powerful as they can
5 > express relationship of 1:N while tags are can express M:N
6
7 No, categories are essentially directories.
8
9 I was asking about tags, not about categories.
10
11 It appears it's very hard to answer the simple questions of why we need
12 tags and how we would use them. The answers should typically involve
13 some explanation of how you're going to use the things once you have
14 them.
17 jer