From: Corentin Chary <corentin.chary@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Re: euscan proof of concept (like debian's uscan)
Date: Tue, 20 Sep 2011 08:00:56
On Mon, Sep 19, 2011 at 9:23 PM, Hans de Graaff <graaff@g.o> wrote:
> On Wed, 2011-08-31 at 15:41 +0200, Corentin Chary wrote: >> Hi, >> >> some news about euscan (still available at >> >> - New design (yay !) >> - Atom feeds available for each herd/category/maintainer/package >> ( >> - Specific handlers for PyPi, RubyGems, pecl and PEAR packages (check >>;a=tree;f=pym/euscan/handlers;h=9a995dfcebe6beecce71851abb84a875cf6e5979;hb=HEAD >> ). >> >> Now, maybe we should find a way to integrate that with the GSoC >> statistic project and with (like done at >> ). A quick way would >> be to host euscan on a gentoo server, and add some webservices to >> publish the data in json or xml, then and others >> could parse that and display it. > > One integration that might also be useful is what we track on the ruby > wiki currently: > which is a collection of quick notes on problems encountered while > bumping packages. The ability to attach notes to packages and to > acknowledge version bumps (and e.g. make them yellow instead of red) > could help with larger lists for herds. > > Kind regards, > > Hans >
Yep, You can already use that page: And ruby packages are well tracked by euscan thanks to the rubygem site handler, see how it helped to find new upstream versions while Could someone write ebuilds for euscan and euscanwww ? It should not take a lot of time, but my ebuilds skills are probably not good enought to do that. Thanks, -- Corentin Chary