From: Ioannis Aslanidis <aslanidis@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] comments on how flamewars are handled elsewhere
Date: Thu, 08 Mar 2007 18:24:28
1 If you really wanna flamefest... at least do it in private in our
2 forums: http://forums.gentoo.org (SSL enabled, if you want). At least
3 the flames will remain internal! :)
4
5 On 3/8/07, Tom Wesley <tom@×××××.net> wrote:
6 > On Thu, Mar 08, 2007 at 02:50:11PM +0100, expose@×××××××××××.net wrote:
7 > > Hi,
8 > >
9 > > to place my personal opinion, too but seperated from information/facts:
10 > >
11 > > I feel like a netiquette should be developed, people who break it too often
12 > > should be warned, then banned.
13 > > When the situation normalizes again, there will be no banning anymore anyway
14 > > automatically.
15 > >
16 > > Would be nice to know how others feel, wether something should be changed or
17 > > (why) not, and if so, what ideas are like.
18 > >
19 > > Doing this quick overview showed (even though I never mentioned Gentoo myself)
20 > > that the message of Gentoo and it's mailinglists spreaded quickly on IRC,
21 > > which is something else I dislike to see...
24 > Please could you stop attempting to create new threads by replying to
25 > existing emails to the list? It's considered bad netiquette and
26 > generally makes new threads difficult to spot. The list is hard enough
27 > to parse as it is, without this added hindrance.
28 >
29 > http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thread_hijacking has the details if it is
30 > something you're unaware of.
31 >
32 > Tom
39 Ioannis Aslanidis
40
41 <deathwing00[at]gentoo.org> 0xB9B11F4E
42 --
43 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list