From: Ciaran McCreesh <ciaranm@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Ebuild bumping policy wrt KEYWORDS
Date: Thu, 26 Aug 2004 14:47:44
1 On Thu, 26 Aug 2004 10:16:10 -0400 Chris Gianelloni
2 <wolf31o2@g.o> wrote:
3 | So for Sparc, I should just KEYWORD away (on non-critical packages)
4 | and hope nothing breaks?
5
6 No no no no no.
7
8 Don't add a ~sparc keyword to a package which previously had no (~)sparc
9 keywords at all.
10
11 When bumping, drop sparc keywords to ~sparc. If it's a really really big
12 change, you might want to drop the sparc keyword entirely, but if you
13 do, you *must* file a bug. There are a few exceptions to this rule
14 (basically toolchain and kernel stuff), but if you work with these
15 packages you know what they are.
16
17 When bumping an ebuild where a new dep is introduced, and that new dep
18 isn't in ~sparc, drop the sparc keyword and file a bug. Alternatively,
19 if the new dep is a small easy to test package, prod one of us on irc
20 and we might be able to get it keyworded straight off.
21
22 Don't move things from ~sparc to sparc.
23
24 *** ---> DO NOT EVER ADD A ~SPARC KEYWORD TO ANY NEW *PACKAGE* UNLESS
25 YOU'VE ACTUALLY TESTED IT YOURSELF. <--- *** (Oh, and if you *have*
26 tested it and you're not on the sparc@ alias, make sure we know what
27 you're doing...)
30 Ciaran McCreesh : Gentoo Developer (Sparc, MIPS, Vim, Fluxbox)
31 Mail : ciaranm at gentoo.org
32 Web : http://dev.gentoo.org/~ciaranm