From: Donnie Berkholz <dberkholz@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Is it time for bash-3?
Date: Fri, 13 Oct 2006 23:20:53
1 Marius Mauch wrote:
2 > In that case adding >=bash-3 to "system" isn't sufficient. I'll leave
3 > the detailed explanation to Brian, but the only thing you can rely on
4 > in the ebuild environment is what the used portage version has in it's
5 > dep strings when it was merged.
6 > Not that it has much practical relevance given the age of bash-3
7 > and things depending on it (don't think anybody is still on bash-2),
8 > but adding it to "system" wouldn't help those people.
9
10 The details are not important. The main point here is being able to use
11 bash-3 features. What do we need to get us there?
12
13 Thanks,
14 Donnie