From: Marius Mauch <genone@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Is it time for bash-3?
Date: Fri, 13 Oct 2006 22:22:47
1 On Fri, 13 Oct 2006 13:29:24 -0700
2 Donnie Berkholz <dberkholz@g.o> wrote:
3
4 > Marius Mauch wrote:
5 > > On Fri, 13 Oct 2006 10:57:43 -0700
6 > > Donnie Berkholz <dberkholz@g.o> wrote:
7 > >
8 > >> Someone gave me a patch to mesa that uses bash-3 features,
9 > >
10 > > The package or the ebuild?
11 >
12 > The ebuild.
13
14 In that case adding >=bash-3 to "system" isn't sufficient. I'll leave
15 the detailed explanation to Brian, but the only thing you can rely on
16 in the ebuild environment is what the used portage version has in it's
17 dep strings when it was merged.
18 Not that it has much practical relevance given the age of bash-3
19 and things depending on it (don't think anybody is still on bash-2),
20 but adding it to "system" wouldn't help those people.
21
22 Marius
27 In the beginning, there was nothing. And God said, 'Let there be
28 Light.' And there was still nothing, but you could see a bit better.
29 --
30 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list