From: Mike Gilbert <floppym@g.o>
To: Gentoo Dev <gentoo-dev@l.g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Reminder: ALLARCHES
Date: Wed, 04 May 2016 12:06:36
1 On Wed, May 4, 2016 at 12:46 AM, Matt Turner <mattst88@g.o> wrote:
2 > Having built many stages for an "unstable" arch (mips) has taught me
3 > one thing: it's awful being unstable-only. There's no end to the
4 > compilation failures and other such headaches, none of which have
5 > anything at all to do with the specific architecture.
6 >
7 > Short of adding a middle level ("stable, wink wink nudge nudge") where
8 > things at least compile, I think the current situation is actually
9 > significantly better than the alternative of dropping them to
10 > unstable.
11
12 In that case, "doing your job" would mean dropping stable keywords on
13 everything but the bare necessities, and refusing to stabilize
14 packages outside of that group without good cause.