From: Dan Armak <ermak@×××××××××××××.il>
To: gentoo-dev@××××××××××.org
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] feature request for X ebuild
Date: Fri, 13 Jul 2001 14:31:45
1 On Friday 13 July 2001 23:14, you wrote:
2 > On Fri, Jul 13, 2001 at 11:12:17PM +0300, Dan Armak wrote:
3 > > > This is a good idea; any takers who want to work on a new version of
4 > > > the xfree ebuild?
5 > > >
6 > > > Best Regards,
7 > >
8 > > BTW: we might finally incorporate the nvidia drivers as well.
9 >
10 > Well, I don't want to add the nvidia drivers to the xfree ebuild, since
11 > they don't require the xfree sources to build. We should only add things
12 > to the main xfree build if they really need the xfree sources to compile;
13 > otherwise, it's more efficient to add them as a separate package.
14
15 Of course. But then, do these ati/savage drivers really need the X sources?
16 (i.e. not just the installable headers). In any case, if we have USE flags
17 for ATI/savage as suggested in the orig. post, we might as well have one for
18 nvidia.
19
20 BTW: what's the policy for creating new USE keywords? There's an awful lot
21 already, and it seems we might create one for every second package. There are
22 always package interdependencies. LyX can make use of some 20 packages, but
23 that's no reason for having a USE keyword for each of them! Maybe we should
24 have a setting "USE_ALL" that would always build all possible dependencies of
25 which a package can make use. This could be useful for testing etc.
26
27 Dan Armak