From: Chris Gianelloni <wolf31o2@g.o>
To: Andrew Cowie <andrew@×××××××××××××××××××.com>
Cc: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] **HEADS UP** Apache2 + MySQL4 moving to stable status
Date: Wed, 16 Jul 2003 12:38:53
1 How exactly are you adding the applications to
2 /etc/portage/profiles/package.mask? I found that adding
3 >=net-www/apache-2.0.0 worked perfectly to keep apache at 1.x
4
5 Chris Gianelloni
6
7 On Wed, 2003-07-16 at 08:10, Andrew Cowie wrote:
8 > On Tue, 2003-07-15 at 20:32, Dhruba Bandopadhyay wrote:
9 > > Andrew Cowie wrote:
10 > > > I nosed around my system and discovered I don't have an /etc/portage. I
11 > > > do have a /usr/portage of course, with a profiles/packages.mask in it.
12 > >
13 > > You have to create it yourself if you feel the need for it.
14 >
15 > Fair enough.
16 >
17 > What is the expected behaviour of /etc/portage/profiles? Is the content
18 > of, say, /usr/portage/profiles/package.mask expected to be merged with
19 > /etc/portage/profiles/package.mask by emerge when calculating
20 > dependencies?
21 >
22 > [My experiments showed that this is not the behaviour that occurs - the
23 > one I created in /etc/portage/profiles was ignored]
24 >
25 > I made the updates to package.mask in /usr/portage/profiles to "pin"
26 > (good word for it, even if it is Debian in origin) MySql at < 4 and
27 > Apache at < 2, but my concern is that the file in /usr/portage/profiles
28 > gets updated whenever an emerge rsync is done, and so my changes were,
29 > (as I expected) lost.
30 >
31 > I feel like I'm missing something here.
32 >
33 > AfC
38 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list